2017 Preparing My Child with Autism for Mainstream Learning Part 2: Strategies & Resources
Target AudienceParents & Caregivers
Full fee: S$78 per participant
CTG Co-Payment: S$10 per caregiver
(inclusive of GST, handout materials and refreshments)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This workshop is the second of a 2-part series. The first part of this series, ‘Preparing my Child with Autism for Mainstream Learning Part 1: Is my Child ready?’ was held on April 12, 2017)
This training workshop is intended for parents and caregivers who have enrolled their child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or autism in a mainstream school.
This workshop aims to empower participants with the knowledge and skills to prepare and support their child with autism in a mainstream school environment.
During this workshop, participants will learn how they can prepare their child with autism for active engagement in all activities in a mainstream school. They will also learn about the strategies they can apply to effectively support their child for successful learning in a mainstream classroom, including
- practical classroom-readiness strategies
- resources available for successful learning in a mainstream school
- other supports commonly used to ensure the child’s engagement in school and classroom activities
This training programme is designed to empower participants with the knowledge and skills so that they can:
- identify key challenges that their child may encounter in a mainstream learning environment
- apply tools and strategies to prepare and support their child in
- understanding and following school routines
- managing and completing homework tasks
- managing and caring for their possessions
- functional communication (eg. Seeking help, making requests)
- build home routines that will help their child engage more effectively in classroom learning and school activities.
Parents and Caregivers who are planning to OR have enrolled their child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in a mainstream primary School.
CTG Application Form (Click to download the form)
Registration Closing Date 18th August 17
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator