2017 ADHD Issues in Autism
Full fee: S$85.60 per participant
(inclusive of GST, handout materials)
No refreshments will be provided
Has your student or child displayed difficulties controlling his / her impulses and seem to be very inattentive and more active than usual? These difficulties often disrupt one’s ability to learn and function independently?
Individuals with autism sometimes experience the occurrence or co-occurrence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This workshop focused on helping us become more aware of the characteristics of ADHD, its causes and prevalence. We will also be learning about some of the different strategies for management of issues arising from ADHD.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be empowered with the following:
- identify the underlying causes for inattention, hyperactivity and lack of impulse control
- understand the co-occurrence of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in individuals with autism
- learn basic strategies in accommodating and managing these issues
- be aware of the severity and recognise situations which may require a referral to a psychiatrist
- understand some common medical treatments for ADHD and its implications
Teachers, Educators, Therapists and other autism Professionals currently working with students/individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator