2017 Autism Series for Student Care, Tuition and Enrichment Programme Teachers
Full fee: S$267.50 per participant
e2i subsidy: S$171.20 per participant
“e2i subsidy is applicable to professionals working in mainstream Student Care, Tuition or Enrichment Centres in Singapore, who are Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.”
This training workshop (comprising a two part series) is intended for professionals working with students with autism in enrichment programmes, student care or tuition centres. It aims to empower participants with basic knowledge and skills to prepare and support their students with autism in these contexts.
During these hands on workshops, participants will be introduced to the basic features of autism, how students with autism learn and communicate and how to support their learning in the classrooms.
Come learn how to create strategies that will help you better support your student’s engagement for learning. More importantly, these strategies can be immediately applied to more effectively support your student for successful learning
Topics covered in session 1, 7th November 2017, 9am - 12pm:
- Understanding autism and how students with autism learn and communicate
- Engaging students with autism
- Universal Design for Learning and creating supportive strategies (to increase engagement and prevent behaviour issues)
Session 2, 14th November 2017, 9am - 12pm:
- Review and sharing of strategies
- Problem solving to improve on strategies
- Responding to behavioural issues and meltdowns.
- Communication with caregivers
This training programme is designed to empower participants with the knowledge and skills so that they can:
- Understand key challenges students face in the learning environments
- Engage students to learn
- Understand the different considerations when supporting students to learn more effectively in the classroom
- Apply and review the strategies in context
Student Care, Tuition and Enrichment Programme Teachers working with students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in mainstream primary schools.
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Terms and Conditions apply
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator