2018 WORKING WITH ADOLESCENTS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH AUTISM - AN INTRODUCTORY COURSE FOR DAY ACTIVITY CENTRE PERSONNEL
S$588.50 per participant
*S$323.67 per participant (S’porean or S’pore PR)
*S$376.64 per participant (Employment Pass Holder)
(*applicable to eligible NCSS Member/MCYS-funded VWO participants only)
This is an application programme that is designed for DAC coaches and programme staff supporting adolescents and young adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in the Day Activity Centre contexts.
This program will begin with an introductory e-learning module on understanding Autism and its impact on everyday living and learning.
Participants will be introduced to an intervention philosophy and culture of support that will positively impact the quality of their daily decisions and practices.
The application component of this program will focus on key elements of providing meaningful and respectful support as part of Positive Behaviour Support. Participants will learn key skills in using
- Personal interests to engage and motivate
- Giving instructions
- Choice Making
- Breaking Down Tasks
It is anticipated that participants attending this workshop will learn key knowledge and skills to apply in their everyday work i.e.
- Coaches and programme staff providing direct services to young adults with autism will learn:
- Positive attitudes and values in autism support
- What autism is and how it affects behaviour
- Key positive active support strategies
- DAC Administrators and Managers involved with supporting frontline staff will learn:
- An Autism perspective to facilitate planning and decision making
- Positive Active Support
This training programme is designed to empower participants with the core competencies to:
- Understand autism from the perspective of an individual with autism
- Understand how autism impacts the daily work routines and the role of positive support
- Apply basic strategies as part of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
Trainers, Programme Staff and other Professionals working with Adolescents and Young Adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder in a Day Activity Centre
12 Apr – 6pm to 8pm
19 & 26 Apr – 6pm to 9pm
- Pending pre-approval of VCF subsidy
- Fees include GST, handout materials and refreshments
- Registration closing date: 09 March 18
Click here to view the full course details
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator