2019 AUTISM SERIES FOR PRESCHOOL EDUCATORS
Full fee: S$374.50 per participant
e2i subsidy: S$199.50 per participant
* e2i subsidies are applicable to professionals working in preschools in Singapore who are Singaporeans and Permanent Residents . 100% attendance is required.
* Fees inclusive of handouts and refreshments
This is an application programme that is designed for educators and professionals in preschool settings who will begin to work or have started working with young children with autism. It aims to empower participants with basic knowledge and skills to prepare and support the young children with autism in these contexts.
During these hands on workshops, participants will begin with an introduction and understanding of Autism and its impact on young children in the way they learn, process information, communicate and interact with others.
Topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Autism and its presentation in the preschool classroom
- Creating a conducive preschool classroom to facilitate learning and managing behaviours
- Collaborating with Professionals and Caregivers
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand key challenges students with autism face in the learning environments
- Understand the different considerations when supporting students with autism to learn more effectively in the classroom
- Understand how to collaborate with caregivers and professionals to better support young children with autism
- Apply and review the strategies in context
Educators and professionals working with young students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in preschools.
* Sessions on: 22 Feb, 01 & 08 Mar 19 (Fridays),
1pm to 5pm.
* Registration Closing Date: 08 February 19
* NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Terms and Conditions apply
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator