2020 COPING WITH ADHD IN AUTISM
Full fee: S$85.60 per participant
(inclusive of GST and handout materials)
No refreshments will be provided
Has your student or client displayed difficulties controlling his / her impulses and seem to be very inattentive and more active than usual? These difficulties often disrupt one’s ability to learn and function independently.
Individuals with autism sometimes experience the occurrence or co-occurrence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This workshop focused on helping us become more aware of the characteristics of ADHD, its causes and prevalence.
Come learn more about ADHD and how it affects individuals with autism. We will also be sharing some of the different strategies for management of issues arising from ADHD through the use of case studies.
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify the underlying causes for inattention, hyperactivity and lack of impulse control
- understand the co-occurrence of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in individuals with autism
- learn basic strategies in accommodating and managing these issues
- be aware of the severity and recognise situations which may require a referral to a psychiatrist
- understand some common medical treatments for ADHD and its implications
Teachers, Educators, Therapists and other autism Professionals currently working with students/individuals on the Autism Spectrum
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator