2020 INTERVENTION FOR CHILDREN/ADOLESCENTS DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM WITH COMORBID ADHD
Full fee: S$128.40 per participant
(inclusive of GST, handout materials and refreshments)
This is a sequel to the workshop on Coping with ADHD in Autism which provides an overview of the characteristics of ADHD, its causes and prevalence and how it affects individuals with Autism.
This workshop on Intervention for children/adolescents diagnosed with Autism and ADHD aims to provide an overview of some key intervention strategies and counselling approaches to support these individuals.
It aims to equip participants with some behavioural management strategies so as to enhance their competency in working with these individuals.
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the symptoms for ADHD, ASD and co-morbidity.
- Modify the environmental or instructional environment
- Learn basic behavioural management strategies
- Learn strategies to facilitate perspective-taking
- Learn how to adapt existing counselling skills to work with individuals diagnosed with Autism, with comorbid ADHD
- Learn to appreciate the unique strengths and challenges of these individuals
Attendance in Coping with ADHD in Autism would be prerequisite.
Counsellors, Social Workers, Teachers, Therapists or Allied Health Professionals working with children or adolescents with Autism Spectrum
Closing date: 07 February 20
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator