2020 APPLICATION SERIES: APPLYING STRATEGIES TO SUPPORT STUDENTS ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM WITH CHALLENGING BEHAVIOURS (ONLINE)
Full fee: S$214.00 per participant
(inclusive of GST and handout materials)
Students on the autism spectrum may present with behaviours that can be somewhat challenging. This may impede their ability to learn and negotiate their environments in contexts such as their school and home.
In this series, participants will learn how to apply positive behaviour support (PBS) strategies in the classroom. Participants will also use functional behaviour assessment to understand the reasons underlying the challenging behaviours. The principles of functional behaviour assessment and analysis will be reviewed at the start of the workshop.
Through the use of specific case studies, participants will learn to adopt a positive approach to support students on the autism spectrum with challenging behaviours.
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand challenging behaviours using a functional behaviour assessment and analysis
- Identify positive behaviours that the students on the autism spectrum can learn or use to improve the quality of life
- Identify strategies to prevent and reduce challenging behaviours
- Develop a behaviour support plan to reduce, manage and prevent challenging behaviours
Participants must meet the following requirements:
- Completed the Higher Certificate in Autism conducted by ARC(S) OR
- Complete the Certificate in Autism conducted by ARC(S) and Autism Expert Series by Dr Tony Osgood: Positive Behaviour Support – Building Capacity in Services (Webinar) organised by ARC(S)
- Currently teaching students on the Autism Spectrum aged between 7 – 21 years
Teachers/Educators, Therapists and other Professionals working with Individuals on the Autism Spectrum in Special Education Schools
Closing date: Fully Subscribed
This workshop is conducted virtually via Zoom Platform. Successful registered attendee will receive an email confirmation with zoom meeting ID and password nearer to the start date.
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator