2021 FUNDAMENTALS OF AUTISM - 1ST RUN (ONLINE)
Parents & Caregivers
Full fee: S$78 per participant
(inclusive of GST and handout materials)
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects individuals typically in the way they communicate, form relationships and interact with others. Autism may also affect the individual’s learning and information processing styles. Having a good understanding of auism is the first step and the key to developing effective, individualised intervention strategies for individuals with autism.
The Fundamentals of Autism workshop aims to increase participant awareness through an introduction to Autism and the “Culture of Autism”. It is particularly relevant to those who wish to learn more about ASD so that they can better teach, support and interact with individuals with autism.
Participants will acquire a fundamental understanding of:
- common facts and myths related to autism
how autism may affect the individual’s experiences and behavior
support and intervention needs of individuals with autism
- practical intervention strategies that work
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- appreciate the different ways in which individuals with autism perceive the world
- acquire an awareness of the different ways in which individuals with autism learn
- understand the reasons behind the difficulties faced by individuals with autism in learning, social interaction and communication
- apply basic strategies when teaching, supporting and interacting with individuals with autism
- Teachers/Educators, Therapists and other Professionals
working with/caring for individuals on the Autism Spectrum (Early Years, in Primary, Secondary or Special Education Schools)
Closing date: Fully Subscribed
This workshop is conducted virtually via Zoom Platform. Successful registered attendee will receive an email confirmation with zoom meeting ID and password nearer to the start date.
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator