2021 THE HIDDEN CURRICULUM OF THE WORKPLACE - PREPARING FOR EMPLOYMENT (ONLINE)
Parents & Caregivers
Full fee: S$78 per participant
CTG Co-Payment: S$10 per caregiver
(inclusive of GST & handout materials)
Moving from a school environment to a work environment can be a challenging experience. The many unspoken rules and expectations at the workplace may be extremely daunting for any person not to mention an individual on the autism spectrum. It is especially important to identify critical skills that can be taught from a young age so as to better prepare your child or student on the autism spectrum for work life.
Participants will acquire an understanding of the hidden curriculum of the workplace. More importantly, come learn some basic strategies to explain these concepts to your child / student and help them to be more successful at the workplace.
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand the unspoken rules and expectations at the workplace
- identify how these unspoken rules and critical skills affect individuals on the autism spectrum
- identify and apply basic strategies that addresses common challenges faced by individuals on the autism spectrum at the workplace
- better prepare individuals on the autism spectrum for work life
- Teachers/Educators, Therapists and other Professionals
working with/caring for individuals on the Autism Spectrum (Secondary, Tertiary, Vocational or Special Education Schools)
CTG Application Form (Click to download the form)
Closing date: 19 May 2021
This workshop is conducted virtually via Zoom Platform. Successful registered attendee will receive an email confirmation with zoom meeting ID and password nearer to the start date.
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator