2017 The Hidden Curriculum of the Workplace - Preparing for Employment
Parents & Caregivers
Full fee: S$78 per participant
CTG Co-Payment: S$10 per caregiver
(inclusive of GST, handout materials and refreshments)
Moving from a school environment to a work environment can be a challenging experience. The many unspoken rules and expectations at the workplace may be extremely daunting for any person not to mention an individual with autism. It is especially important to identify critical skills that can be taught from a young age so as to better prepare your child or student with autism for work life.
Participants will acquire an understanding of the hidden curriculum of the workplace. More importantly, come learn some basic strategies to explain these concepts to your child / student and help them to be more successful at the workplace.
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand the unspoken rules and expectations at the workplace
- identify how these unspoken rules and critical skills affect individuals with autism
- identify and apply basic strategies that addresses common challenges faced by individuals with autism at the workplace
- better prepare individuals with autism for work life
- Teachers/Educators, Therapists and other Professionals
working with/caring for individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (Secondary, Tertiary, Vocational or Special Education Schools)
CTG Application Form (Click to download the form)
Mr Tan Qiu Quan, Ms Lina Kam, Training Coordinator